Monday, September 6, 2010

The Great Migration

Yesterday marked a great milestone, of many, that have happened since my coming to Mexico. I am now settled in a house that is not inhabited by a family. Nope. It was completely empty when I moved in and now the R is back from a quick trip to the states we are now happy house renters here in Mitla. The house has already been warmed when G came and just hung out with us because he was sick of homework. Ah. I like being the "hang out" house.


I cannot wait until the German-speaking family gets back in to town. It will be nice when we finally find utensils. All the boxes are labeled in German and after we figured out that "küche" means "kitchen" we found pots and pans other kitchen items. Still no utensils. That was another thing that G brought over, 2 forks, 2 spoons, and 1 knife. It makes eating slightly easier.


R teaches every day while I am only there Tues-Thurs-Fri. So this morning I walked in to town to the market and bought produce and other random things so we will have SOMETHING to eat. It is interesting try to buy starting from having nothing. Most things you eat build on something el

se that needs to be bought first. Having peanut butter and jam doesn't get you very far unless you have bread. Then there is the tough decision of which kind of bread to buy. Bimbo? Integral? Multigrano? Hmmmm. We'll eat this flavor and decide if it worth getting again. I think I bought too many eggs. I know what we'll be having for breakfast tomorrow.


I am also surprised at how little you actually need to live on. We can basically move into an empty house with just a few items and not do too bad. Granted, I have been here less than 24 hours.


We are eagerly anticipating the getting of our cat, Milo. He is up at the Q's house at the present. Pictures coming soon. Mom and dad, you taught me nothing about taking care of cats. I don't even know what to feed the thing. However, I heard Milo is an excellent mouse and cockroach catcher, the main reason he is coming to live with us. So far I have seen 2 cockroaches in this house. Ugh. Please Milo, come feast yourself from our bounty of cockroaches. Another thing I will borrow from the Q's is I's cello. My callouses have been peeling off in layers over the past 3 weeks. I need some cello time. He said I can use it.


Off to do some lesson planning for tomorrow. Going to teach inverted intervals to the HS class. Tomorrow is also the day I will try and reverse the Spaghetti title. I laugh too hard whenever they say it. Hmmmm. I wonder if it will work.


P.S. pictures aren't loading for some reason. Urgh. Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment