Thursday, August 19, 2010

I wonder if I trust the system


Here I am in Mitla. It looks VERY different here. Everything is green and growing and alive. Beautiful. The kids here were like, "Look! We have grass!"

My flights were uneventful. Until I got to the house. I noticed my bag was a little unzipped. So I zipped it up and went through customs. I opened my bag here and found a DVD player stuffed in my pillow case. Interesting. My cosmetic bag and jewelry case were both open and the contents dumped all around my suitcase. The cash that was in the cosmetic bag was gone. I also had 3 pairs of little girls' clothes, 1 pair of little girl shoes, and 2 little girl shoes that were completely different.
So far I haven't found anything else missing, other than the $500. Bummer. Not exactly sure where it happened either. I had a layover in San Francisco and Mexico City.


Slept very well last night and settling in a little bit here with the L family. I'll be working on finding out about more permanent housing within the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your stuff... =( But glad you are safe in Mitla. Love you girlie!

    Dena

    ReplyDelete