Saturday, January 23, 2010

wow.

Isaac told me today that I wasn't doing a very good job in updating this. . . which made me realize that I should catch some people up on what is going on here in Mitla.

Everything is going very well! Kinda settled into life here and loving it. I can now walk my way around town without getting lost and mostly know how to decipher directions if they come my way. :)

Spanish lessons at the bookstore have been slightly non-exsistent this week as it has been closed at the time I usually go. I need to figure out how to ask when someone is going to be there. Next week it should be back to normal. Josephina, the one who is usually there, has been at a pastor's conference all week with her son, Arturo.

This week Ellie and Lila were in Nicaragua for a conference with the missionary organization they serve with. So I have been mom for all the kids. Yesterday we had a girl party with the 2 little girls as the older kids were all at a Bible study. Lydia informed me that it was the best night she ever had. It'll be nice to have a more normal week next week and parents home to enforce normal rules, as I have no idea what they are :).

Today we took a field trip to some ruins in a nearby town. Walked around and got nice and hot and tired. But it was good to get out of the house and take a little break from school.

The weather here is so nice now. After being pretty cold the first couple weeks I am told that the clouds are gone until rainy season this summer. Maybe now I can start working on my tan. Sorry all you people in the NW that still have 6 more months of cold to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment