Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Pirates Life For Me


Friday was the Fun Fall Festival at the school. It's the annual fundraiser that happens every fall. The theme this year was Pirates. The playground was transformed into a pirate ship and all the booths for the festival were pirate themed. There was also a costume contest. Several years ago the school put on a musical, "Fiddler on the Roof." While we were looking for items for the festival I found some costumes. So. I pieced together an outfit because I left my real pirate costume at home. Imagine that.
For several years the Fun Fall Festival has been the event that teachers aren't the most thrilled about to spearhead. My super-amazing roommate got the honors this year. She worked hard with the student council and EVERYTHING was great.

The rousing pirate-pie-eating-contest and an exciting game of "Captain's Coming" made the evening a great success.

We are praying hard that our dear friends', Mr. and Mrs. B, car will repaired this week. If it does, we have the opportunity to go to Puerto Escondido (the beach) next week during Thanksgiving break. Though it is rather cold here in the city, the beach stays warm year-round. I think it will be a nice little respite from Mitla life, which I love btw, but to be able to go to the beach . . . That would be amazing. Oh little car, please behave and get fixed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment